If you’ve ever been fishing, then you know that it is a peaceful experience.
But if you’ve ever been “Phished” then you can attest that
is not a pleasant situation to be in. Phishing is the act of an assailant accessing
the personal information of others with the intention of committing fraud.
Here at CNC, we have compiled a list of 10 ways to not get hooked by a Phisher.
- Invest in Email, Spam and Anti-Malware Tools.
- Communicate only via phone or trusted websites.
- Don’t click on suspicious links in emails from unknown senders.
- Don’t open attachments in emails from unknown senders.
- Never email personal or financial information.
- Never enter personal information in a pop-up window.
- Use a reputable anti-virus software.
- Identify fake phone calls.
- Never download files from unreliable sources.
- Utilize Google Chrome’s safety tool called Password Alert which notifies you if your google password has been compromised.